Outrider's Data Collection
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. We may collect personal information about you when you provide it to us while using or interacting with the Site. For example, when you decide to find out more information about the Site or pledge a donation, you may be asked to provide information that could personally identify you such as your name, postal address, email address, or any other identifier by which you may be identified online or offline.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site. When you use or interact with our Site, we or third parties may use a variety of technologies that collect information automatically, including cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, and third party applications. Those technologies may collect, among other things, your IP address, device type, date and time of visit, browser type, and activities on the Site. The information may also be collected or received by or shared with third party vendors who assist us with these activities.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your browser when you access a website, including this Site. We use session cookies to ensure better performance and a more enjoyable and consistent user experience from your entry point into the Site. The session cookie is available only during the course of the browser session; the information is not sent to or stored on a computer's hard drive. Closing the browser or logging off will invalidate the session cookie. We also use machine cookies, which do remain on a computer hard drive, to gather aggregated, non-identifiable website statistics through our own or third party website analytics services (described below). You may prefer to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
- Web Beacons. “Web beacons” or “tracking pixels” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a website to access cookies and among other things, help track general usage patterns of visitors to a website. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. We and the third parties described below may use web beacons to compile information regarding your use of the Site.
Third Party Data Collection
Third parties that we engage may also automatically collect information about you. These third parties may collect information through a variety of methods, including third party analytics and online behavioral advertising.
Information from Emails. We collect information on our email campaigns from our third party service providers. The information we collect from these third parties includes determining whether you have read an email sent by us or on our behalf, forwarded an email, and when and how many times you have opened an email. We may use this information to understand our audience, to improve the Site and our products and services, and to improve our marketing. If you wish to opt-out of receiving emails from us, please see the “Opt-out of Emails” section, below.
Information from Third Party Analytics. We also use third party analytics on the Site, such as those provided by Google Analytics, to, for example, enable us to continually improve on the content we offer to you, for systems administration purposes, to evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports on activity, to analyze performance metrics, and to collect and evaluate other information related to the Site. Some of our analytics can be used to track users over time, for geo-location purposes, and across third party websites.
- Google Analytics (Google Inc.) Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of Outrider, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Please take note of Google's Data Processing Amendment. Personal data collected: cookie and usage data.
- Remarketing through Google Analytics for Display Advertising (Google Inc.) Google Analytics for Display Advertising is a Remarketing and Behavioral service provided by Google Inc. that connects the tracking activity performed by Google Analytics and its cookies with the Adwords advertising network and the DoubleClick cookie. Personal data collected: cookie and usage data.
Information from Social Media Platforms. We contract with third parties to gather and analyze data from social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter. For example, we use these third parties to help us understand your interaction between social media and our Site. One of the ways we obtain information is through web beacons or pixels. We also use the following social media services:
- Facebook Custom Audience (Facebook, Inc.) Facebook Custom Audience is a Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the activity of Outrider with the Facebook advertising network. Personal data collected: cookie and email address.
- Facebook Remarketing (Facebook, Inc.) Facebook Remarketing is a Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the activity of Outrider with the Facebook advertising network. Personal data collected: cookie and usage data.
- Facebook Like Button and Social Widgets (Facebook, Inc.) The Facebook Like button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook, Inc. Personal data collected: cookie and usage data.
- Twitter Remarketing (Twitter, Inc.) Twitter Remarketing is a Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting service provided by Twitter, Inc. that connects the activity of Outrider with the Twitter advertising network. Personal data collected: cookie and usage data.
- Twitter Tweet Button and Social Widgets (Twitter, Inc.) The Twitter Tweet button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Twitter social network provided by Twitter, Inc. Personal data collected: cookie and usage data.
Ads. Ad services allow Outrider and its partners to inform, optimize and serve advertising based on past use of Outrider by the user. This activity is performed by tracking usage data and by using cookies, information that is transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity.
- AdWords Remarketing (Google Inc.) AdWords Remarketing is a Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting service provided by Google that connects the activity of Outrider with the Adwords advertising network and the DoubleClick cookie. Personal data collected: cookie and usage data.
How We Use Collected Information
Use of Information Collected Automatically. We use information we collect automatically, which typically does not identify you, for various internal business purposes, including those described in this Policy. However, we may use information we collect automatically from your use of the Site that is not personal information and other information we collect or obtain that is otherwise de-identified, aggregated, or anonymous, for any purpose.
Uses of Personal Information. We may use your personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you;
- To email you about updates about our causes;
- To provide you with information, products, newsletters, articles, updates, or services that you request from us;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To improve the Site and any services offered through it;
- For any other purpose with your consent; or
- As generally permitted under applicable law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your information, including your personal information with the following parties:
- Our subcontractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and the Site;
- For any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also share your personal information to comply with any court order or legal obligation, including responding to any lawful government or regulatory request, or if we believe disclosure is necessary to enforce or protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our users or third parties.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us improve our Site and to deliver a better, more personalized experience, including by enabling us to: (a) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (b) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests; (c) speed up your searches; and (d) recognize you when you return to our Site.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure
We strive to provide you with information and choices regarding the information you provide to us and/or that we collect, including:
Opt-Out of Emails. You may opt-out of receiving future communications from us by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of an email from us, or by emailing us at email@example.com with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
Opt-Out of Ads. You can opt out of online behavioral advertising from certain ads on third party websites by visiting http://youradchoices.com. Keep in mind that these opt-outs work using cookies, so if you delete your cookies, then you will need to opt out again. Also, as you use different devices or browsers, you will need to opt out on each browser and device individually. You can also help limit the amount of online and mobile advertising that you can receive by opting out of advertising from Network Advertising Initiative member companies at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Do Not Track
The Site does not respond to “do not track” requests. All traffic is treated as equal and processed the same. If you desire to have your browsing be private, we suggest that you use your web browser’s private or incognito function, or similar options.
Notice to California Residents
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marking purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Outrider Foundation, 834 E. Washington Ave., Suite 333, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, without parental consent, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of any applicable law including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We strive to use reasonable means to secure your personal information; however, please keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet and on mobile platforms is not always secure, which means we cannot and do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of any personal information you provide to us. Given this reality, your use of our Site, and your decision to provide personal information to us, is at your own risk.
Changes to This Policy
As a result, we may update this Policy at any time in our discretion to reflect material changes in the manner in which we deal with personal information. The Policy posted here will always be current. We encourage you to review it regularly. If we make a material change to the Policy, we will post the updated Policy on this page. Your continued use of this Site after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy or to remove or change your contact information in our database, or to not receive future mailings or other communications, as well as other inquiries, please contact us at any time using one of the options below:
- Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via telephone: 608-237-3489
- Via mail:
Attn: Digital Director
834 E. Washington Ave., Suite 333
Madison, Wisconsin 53703